The Fridley City Council will start a search for a company to provide trash and recycling pickups if it approves a request-for-proposals (RFP) .
The city's current contract with Allied Waste Services expires on March 31, 2012. The RFP allows for Allied and other companies to compete for residential service.
The meeting starts at 7:30 p.m. at the council chambers at . It also includes a public meeting on the 2012 City of Fridley budget.
Other items on the agenda (see short version here or full agenda above) are:
- Second reading (final vote) on repealing the city's .
- Special-use Permit for , 7600 University Ave. NE.
- One-year extension for .
- Changes to how the city would fill mayoral or city council vacancies.
- Replatting of property lines at 100 and 110 Mississippi Pl. NE.
- Approval of minutes from the city council meetings on and 14.
- Open forum, claims, licenses, estimates and informal status reports.