Poor ice conditions after days of warm midwinter weather and even rain have led the Fridley Parks and Recreation Department to close ice rinks in parks across the city.
Here's the bad news posted at the Fridley Recreation Facebook page:
Ice rinks are closed until further notice due to poor ice conditions. If everyone stays off the rinks they should be able to open back up relatively soon -- hopefully over the weekend. If people don’t stay off the ice, the ice will be further damaged & rinks will need to remain closed.
- 11 Places to Skate in Fridley
- Commons Park: Fridley's Great Outdoor Winter Park
- Fridley's Outdoor Ice Rinks in the Works
- Photos/Video: On the Ice for the First Day of Winter at Fridley's Commons Park
- Heat Wave Sinks Broomball's First Week in Fridley
- New Scores Made, Old Scores Settled at Adult League Broomball