A thief or thieves stole two spools of copper wire from the Minneapolis Water Works, 4300 East River Road, Fridley, according to a report made on Sept. 27. Police have developed suspects but wouldn't comment further as the incident is under continuing investigation. The value of the two spools: $1,500.
Here are other items selected from the weekly incident report from the Fridley Police Department:
Thursday, Sept. 27, 2012
- 6:35 a.m.: Overnight someone stole $100 worth of gasoline out of two work vans parked at Anderson Carpet.
- 9:32 a.m.: Police stopped a male driver in the 5700 block of University Avenue NE who gave his brother's identification but who actually had a revoked license and several warrants. He was booked into Anoka County jail.
- 11:40 a.m.: Police dispatched to 5200 block of Lincoln Street NE on a report of a loose pit bull.
- 11:41 a.m.: Police checked on the welfare of a man lying on the ground behind Cub Foods. He was heavily intoxicated. Allina took him to the hospital.
- 4:45 p.m.: A resident at Golden Living Center, 5700 East River Road, told staff he suspected someone stole soda pop from him. (Staff have a legal obligation to forward such reports to police.)
- 10:06 p.m.: Police responded to an injured male at Sam's Club who was bleeding from the head after a 100-pound metal beam fell on him. He was transported to the hospital.
In all incidents in which an arrest occurred, a charge is merely an accusation and not evidence of guilt. The arrested person is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Incidents generally appear in the order in which they were reported, not necessarily the order in which they occurred.