A complainant at Friendly Chevrolet on Oct. 3, 2012, at 3:29 a.m., reported finding two trucks in the lot that were missing tires and rims. A police officer observed the trucks propped up on blocks. The complainant didn't know the brand or how long the tires had been minssing. Estimated loss: $6,000.
Here are other items from the weekly incident report from the Fridley Police Department.
Monday, Oct. 1, 2012
- 10:30 a.m.: A woman went into a house in the 6200 block of Starlite Boulevard NE after failing to pay cab fare.
- 12:10 p.m.: A male reported car audio equipment stolen from his unlocked car overnight at LivInn Hotel.
- 1:09 p.m.: A boy intentionally through a ball at a staff member's face at North Park Elementary School. At school's request, police counseled him on what may happen if his conduct continues.
- 2:32 p.m.: A female shoplifter at CVS Pharmacy fled when employees tried to confront her. She got away with an unknown quantity of makeup products.
- 4:57 p.m.: A female at Burger King reported a stolen iPod.
- 6:07 p.m.: An officer observed a male passed out at the bus stop at Mississippi Street NE and University Avenue NE. He appeared in crisis, asked for help to stop drinking, and agreed to let an Allina ambulance take him to Unity Hospital.
- 6:46 p.m.: Responded to a report of a heroin overdose in a neighboring city at the Shorewood Bar & Grill. A female was transported to Unity Hospital.
- 7:50 p.m.: An officer responded to a report of drug activity at Subway restaurant. A person with drugs as well as outstanding warrants was arrested and taken to jail.
Tuesday, Oct. 2, 2012
- 12:19 a.m.: A passerby found a small white dog with a red nylon collar but no ID tags. The dog was taken to Brighton Vet.
- 8:44 a.m.: The manager at South Fridley Apartments, 1090 52nd Ave. NE, reported that someone took the fire key lock box with keys to the building from the front lobby.
- 3:17 p.m.: A witness reported a male stealing a carpet machine from WalMart. He was stopped, gave false information to police and was cited and released.
- 5:08 p.m.: A bicyclist reported a black dog on the loose chased her in the area of 6100 East River Road NE.
- 7:27 p.m.: Loss prevention staff at Cub Foods reported a male and female stole at least 25 DVDs by putting them in a backpack.
Wednesday, Oct. 3, 2012
- 6:44 a.m.: Police took a report of a dead deer in the driveway of a property in the 6400 block of East River Road NE and issued a possession tag.
- 4:46 p.m.: At the request of another agency, an officer checked on the welfare of a person in the 6400 block of Fifth Street NE who had left a disturbing note on a relative's grave. The officer contacted her and learned she had left the note as a memorial.
- 5:45 p.m.: Police responding to a possible domestic assault involving a knife in the 100 block of 83rd Avenue NE encountered a man who came after an officer, took a fighting stance and threatened the officer. Police tased him and took him into custody on suspicion of obstructing the legal process and disorderly conduct. He was transported to jail.