Fridley officers responding to a report of domestic assault in the 100 block of Island Park Drive NE on Sept. 6, 2012 decided that it was indeed a case of physical assault. While they took a male into custody on suspicion of fifth degree domestic assault, he spit on the arresting officers—reason to book him on suspicion of fourth degree assault. Later, police found he had an outstanding felony warrant as well—Reason #3 he ended up in Anoka County Jail.
Here are more incidents selected from the Fridley Police Department's weekly incident report.
Thursday, Sept. 6, 2012
- 12:56 a.m.: Police responded to report of a male customer failing to pay for a taxi ride in the 100 block of Charles Street NE. Witnesses said they saw the incident but not where the customer fled. Police searched the area but did not find customer.
- 1 p.m.: Police cited a male at Pawn America for pawning property that had been stolen in Edina.
- 2 p.m.: Police cited a female at Pawn America for pawning a chainsaw that had been stolen in Eagan.
- 5:46 p.m.: Officer cited a driver for failure to stop at a stop sign at Osborne Road NE and Old Central Avenue NE, resulting in a crash that required a tow for one of the vehicles.
- 9:28 p.m.: Police took a male from Target to Anoka County jail after searching him and finding stolen merchandise and prescription narcotics.