Read Charges against Jane Doe: Trespassing, Receiving Stolen Property

The female defendant who won't give her name has been in Anoka County Jail since Tuesday after her arrest in Fridley on Monday.

Here is the main text from the criminal complaint in the PDF above:

The Complainant, being duly sworn, makes complaint to the above-named Court and states that there is probable cause to believe that the Defendant committed the following offense(s):

Minnesota Statutes §609.53, Subd. 1; 609.52, Subd. 3(3)(d)(v); 609.101
PENALTY: 0-5 Years and/or $3,000.00 - $10,000.00

On or about July 9, 2012, in the County of Anoka, Minnesota, JANE DOE, did receive, possess, transfer, buy or conceal any stolen property or property obtained by robbery, knowing or having reason to know the property was stolen or obtained by robbery, and the value of the property or services stolen is not more than $1,000, and the property stolen is a motor vehicle.


Minnesota Statutes §609.605, Subd. 1(b)(4); 609.101

PENALTY:  0-90 Days and/or $300.00  -  $1,000.00

On or about July 9, 2012, in the County of Anoka, Minnesota, JANE DOE, did intentionally occupy or enter the dwelling or locked or posted building of another, without claim of right or consent of the owner or the consent of one who has the right to give consent, except in an emergency situation.


The Complainant states that the following facts establish probable cause:

Your complainant is Detective Andrew Todd of the Fridley Police Department. In that capacity, your complainant has reviewed written reports, conducted an investigation of his own, and learned the facts stated herein.

1. On July 9, 2012 at approximately 8:00 p.m., G.E.O. arrived at a house he and his brother own, located at 98 Rice Creek Way N.E., Fridley, Anoka County, Minnesota, and discovered that someone appeared to be in the house. As G.E.O. pulled into the driveway, he saw that there were sheets covering the windows from the inside, that the back porch light was on, and discovered that the exterior locks had been changed.  G.E.O. and his brother were in the process of renovating the house, and G.E.O. had not been at the house in the past ten days. No one had permission to enter the house, occupy the house, or change the exterior locks. G.E.O. thought that his brother may have done some work at the house without his knowledge, so he unscrewed the back porch light and left the area to contact his son, who had been helping with some of the labor.

2. G.E.O. spoke to his son and asked him whether he had been at the house. G.E.O.’s son denied being there and said that G.E.O.’s brother also had not been there. G.E.O. and his son then drove back to the house and saw that the back porch light was on again, meaning that someone had screwed in the light bulb. G.E.O. then called the police. At roughly 10:30 p.m., officers from the Fridley Police Department met G.E.O. at a nearby business.

3. After speaking with G.E.O., several officers responded to the house. The officers knocked on the exterior doors, but no one answered. The officers then forced entry into the garage through its rear access door. Inside the garage, the officers saw a white Ford Explorer that did not have license plates or a temporary tag. The officers recorded the vehicle’s VIN number and asked dispatch to run a VIN query. The VIN query indicated that the vehicle had been reported stolen from a city in Wisconsin. Believing that there might be a burglary in progress, the officers requested additional officers and a K-9 unit.

4. After other officers arrived and set up a perimeter, the officers in the garage opened the door to the house. The officers yelled into the house, warning that any occupant make his or her presence known or a K-9 would be sent in. After several warnings, the K-9 was let into the house and quickly alerted on a closet inside the master bedroom. The K-9 handler yelled “Police K-9, come out with your hands up or I will release the dog.” The suspect did not comply, so the K-9 handler let the K-9 into the closet. The K-9 attacked the suspect and forced her to the floor. While on the floor, the K-9 handler ordered the K-9 to release, and an officer pulled the suspect from the closet. The officers checked the rest of the house and did not find anyone else inside.

5. The officers arrested the suspect and attempted to identify her. She would not talk to the officers or produce any identifying information. The officers summoned an ambulance to treat the suspect for lacerations on her arm and leg. An ambulance arrived and transported the suspect to Unity Hospital. The suspect also would not speak to the ambulance or hospital staff and did not produce any identifying information.

6. After the suspect left the scene, officers brought G.E.O. back to the house. G.E.O. said that he had never seen the Ford Explorer that was in the garage and that no one had permission to store it in the garage. G.E.O. said that it appeared as if someone had been living in the residence because there was food, clothing, and even shower curtains hung up, all of which had not been there the last time G.E.O. had been at the house. G.E.O. also saw that a gas stove had been moved into the house from the garage and that someone had patched a hole in the bathroom wall with sheetrock and caulk.

7. To date, the suspect has refused to identify herself or produce any identifying information to police, hospital staff, or jail staff.

Israel Survival Updates July 15, 2012 at 03:17 PM
Why is my gut instinct telling me 'Jane Doe is Somali and the reason she's not talking is that she doesn't speak a word of English ? But then again, we can't profile, or even have media ask remotely relevant questions, so I'm probably wasting my time posting this comment.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »