Police responded April 13 to an anonymous report of a male with a rifle in a backyard in the 5500 block of Regis Drive NE. It turned out to be a boy shooting at cans who didn't know about the city ordinance prohibiting the activity. Police gave him a verbal warning.
Here are other items selected from information provided by the Fridley Police Department:
- The driver of a vehicle stopped in traffic in the 5400 block of Central Avenue NE told an officer that the hood of her vehicle flew open and smashed her windshield.
- An officer located the parent of a young child left in a vehicle in the parking lot of Cub Foods, 246 57th Ave. NE, and lectured the parent on the importance of child safety.
- An officer saw a vehicle in the 6400 block of East River Road being driven by a person the officer knew had a revoked license. Police arrested the driver for driving after revocation.
- An officer cited two underage males who had been drinking in the east Northstar Rail parking lot, 6000 block of Main Street NE.
- Police mediated a dispute in the 1000 block of North Circle NE between two cousins who both claimed the other had pulled hair.
- A complainant in the 7400 block of Jackson Street NE asked police to document a scam call she received advising that she had won $940,000 from Bank of America but she needed to send $480 via Western Union to an address in Queens, NY.
- Officers found an encampment in the 200 block of Charles Street NE near the entrance to Islands of Peace Park where a male was reported to be living but no one was there.
- Police arrested and jailed a driver at 79th Avenue NE and East River Road for driving after license revocation and both she and her passenger for possession of methaphetamine.
- An officer arrested a resident in his living room in the 6500 block of Channel Road NE on a Nicollet County gross misdemeanor warrant.
- Police returned a black case containing a laser measuring device to its owner in Blaine. A caller had found the bag in the 1500 block of Osborne Road.
- Someone took a hydraulic pump, motor and battery from an equipment trailer parked in the 100 block of Osborne Road NE.
In all incidents where an arrest occurred, a charge is merely an accusation, and not evidence of guilt. The arrested person is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Incidents generally appear in the order in which they were reported, not necessarily the order in which they occurred.