News of the Dec. 14, 2012 shootings of 20 school children at Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown, CT has touched people across the country, including in Fridley. Here are links to related posts, first at Newtown Patch ...
... and at Fridley Patch:
- Blackout for Newtown: Patch Sites to Go Dark at 8:30 a.m. CST Friday
- POLL: Arm Teachers?
- Company Where Gunman Killed Spring Lake Park Man 'Horrified' at Newtown Shooting
- Fridley Church New Sign's First Message Sends Prayers to Newtown
- 'A Tragedy in Connecticut That Affects Us All'—Spring Lake Park Schools
- 'My ❤ is w/all affected': Fridley-Area Social-Media Response to CT Shooting
- Fridley Area Faith Community Responds to CT School Shooting
- Keith Ellison Sends Prayers to Those Affected By Newtown School Tragedy
- How You Can Help Families Affected by Newtown School Shooting from Fridley
Several posts at Fridley Patch have advice on discussing the incident and related issues with children:
- Dr. Hal Pickett's Thoughts on How To Deal With Tragic News Stories
- Helping Children Manage Distress in Aftermath of a Mass Shooting
- More Resources for Talking to Kids about Violence against Kids
- How to Talk to Children About Violence in Wake of Newtown School Shooting