The deaths of Keith Basinski, Chris Hanson and Sasha McHale shocked the Fridley area in 2012. Basinski was the Spring Lake Park resident and UPS driver whose route put him in the wrong place at the wrong time—the September workplace mass-shooting at Accent Signage in Minneapolis.
Hanson, a much-loved Columbia Heights High School student, lost his life in February while hopping trains in northeast Minneapolis.
McHale, a Totino-Grace High School grad and daughter of Minnesota basketball legend Kevin McHale, died in November of complications related to lupus.
Also in the Top 20 posts at Fridley Patch in 2012: A letter from the leader of locally based Cummins Power Generation urging a "No" vote on Minnesota's marriage amendment made a dramatic appearance online only two days before the November general election. (The marriage amendment failed to pass.)
- No. 11: Totino-Grace Grad Sasha McHale Dies
- No. 12:
- No. 13:
- No. 14: Cummins Power Generation Comes Out Against MN Marriage Amendment
Nos. 15–18 had the letter D and not much else in common, as seen in
- No. 15:
- No. 16: Medical Examiner: Holly Boyd Is Dead
- No. 17: MN Delegation at DNC includes Hinda Ali of Columbia Heights
- No. 18: VOTE: Best Dance Studio in the Fridley Area
These two posts appeared earlier under Strange Tales from World of Politics Proved Popular This Election Year:
- No. 19: Rep. Keith Ellison's Name-Calling Gets Vulgar in Angry Debate
- No. 20: A Hillary-minder? 'It Takes a Village' Quilt Ticks off Voter