Fridley Community Theatre's production of Steel Magnolias at Fridley Community Center started Thursday, with performances scheduled through Sunday, Feb. 17. Tickets for dinner and show are $25, with some remaining for the 6 p.m. performance on Feb. 16 and the 3 p.m. performance on Feb. 17.
Here are the basics about Steel Magnolias:
Written by Robert Harling in memory of his beloved sister Susan, the stage play Steel Magnolias is the predecessor to the well-known and much loved 1980s film. Set in Truvy’s exclusive Beauty Salon in the town of Chinquapin, LA, where all the ladies irrespective of their age, come to have their hair and nails done, it tells a heart-warming tale of love, loss and the enduring bond of friendship.
- Sautéed Chicken Breast with Lemon Picatta sauce
- Carved Roast Beef with sautéed mushrooms in a sauce
- Vegetarian Lasagna
- Garlic mashed potatoes and roasted vegetables, garden salad and dinner roll
- Cookies and bars for dessert at the intermission of the show.
- Coffee, water, iced tea
Tickets can be purchased by any of three ways:
- Call Fridley Community Ed at 763-502-5100
- Email Toni.Craft@Fridley.k12.mn.us with choice of date, number of tickets, desired menu selection and credit card information
- Register on-line at the Fridley Community Education Website