Story by Patch editor Wendy Erlien
On the 12th anniversary of Sept. 11, 2001, many Twin Cities residents will gather to remember those attacks at the World Trade Center, Pentagon and Flight 93.
Here are some of the events happening in the community Sept.
11, 2013 and a look back on some of the stories of how Sept. 11 have affected Twin Cities residents.
Share your events and memories in comments below.
7 p.m. Sept. 11 at the Lake Harriet Band Shell in Minneapolis. Preconcert activities start 5 p.m. An “evening of music, flag waving and reflection as we honor the memory of those who lost their lives that day,” according to the 9-11 Tribute website.
inFIT/Anytime Fitness of Albertville partners with the Albertville Fire Department to honor firefighters who saved lives in the Twin Towers 12 years ago and raise funds for new fire equipment in Albertville during a 9/11 Stair Climb ~ Fundraiser for Albertville Fire Department starting at 6:30 p.m. Sept. 11. All community members are invited to participate. More information: 763-291-4093 (Julie).
businessman Paul Rode and friends will mark the Sept. 11 anniversary with a
planned 24-hour flag wave on the Stagecoach Trail overpass on Interstate 94.
Those interested in participating can buy a flag and stop by the bridge.
The Golden Valley’s Human Rights Commission will host a National Day of Service and Remembrance community event 6-8 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 11, at Second Harvest Heartland,
Minnesota veterans to be honored on 9/11 at the
Minnesota Humanities Center’s 25 Veterans’ Voices Awards Ceremony, according to
on MinnPost. The veterans are from communities such as Richfield, Maple
Grove, Golden Valley, Minneapolis, Eden Prairie, Woodbury, Lakeville, Plymouth,
Oakdale and more.
Reflecting on 9/11
A collection of posts on that have appeared on Patch sites throughout the Twin Cities in the past two years remembering and reflecting about Sept. 11.
- Woodbury Resident, NYC Native Recalls 9/11
- Roseville High School Teacher Tells How 9/11 Led Him to Minnesota and Teaching
- Eagan Resident Mike Ferber Hopes Memories of 9/11 Won’t Fade
- Maple Grove Fire Chief Shares Memories of 9/11
- Remembering 9/11: St. Michael Girl Marks 10th Birthday on Unforgettable Day
- Countdown to 9/11: One Soldier's Story
- 9/11 Aftermath: Richfield Couple Waits for Possible Deployment
- Terror and Joy Came Together for Oakdale Family
- Northfielder Will Never Forget His Birthday in Iraq
- Shakopee Resident Shares Memories of 9/11 in Hawaii
- 9/11 Memories From a Former New Yorker
- Lakeville VFW Post Manager's Wife Working at Pentagon on Sept. 11
- Remembering Wayzata Native Gordy Aamoth_
- VFW Commander: Sept. 11 Changed the Country
- Demand Soared for Speakers on Islam after 9/11
- Retired Army Vet Spurred to Re-Enlist Following 9/11 Attacks