Invite a friend
Art at Rice Creek
Join us for the 14th annual art festival we call, Art at Rice Creek, a celebration of the arts. It is free and fun--a day to bring family and friends for what might be the final Sunday of outdoor summer fun. All are invited to enjoy live music, puppet theater (ASL Interpreted), dance, art demos and workshops, arts and crafts for sale, the art treasure hunt, quilt raffle, poetry and lots more. Check our Art at Rice Creek facebook page for details and the schedule of activities. You won't wnat to miss this delightful, free day of local, high quality arts.
More About Banfill-Locke Center for the Arts
Banfill-Locke Center for the Arts has an art gallery featuring local, metro and state-wide artists, a gift shop selling locally based works, art and writing classes for all ages, special events, writing groups and and more. The Banfill-Locke Center is nonprofit and visits to the gallery as well as most events are free, but certain groups require membership. Come and enjoy the art as well as the surrounding Manomin County Park, which is full of flowers in spring and summer. A full listing of events and classes is available on the Web site and also on the center's Facebook page.
Other events here
- Practice Writing Group Weekly on Tuesdays, 10:00 am–12:30 pm
- Artists del Norte Spring Member Show Opening Sat, Jun 1, 4:00 pm–6:00 pm
- Create a Cartoon Character Mon, Jun 10, 10:00 am–12:00 pm
- The Practice of Poetry-Making June 11, 2013 / June 18, 2013 / June 25, 2013, 2:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Draw and Paint Animals and People Mon, Jun 17, 10:00 am–11:30 pm
- Clay Pots and Sculpture June 17, 2013 / July 22, 2013, 11:30 am–1:00 pm
- Glass Mosaics Sat, Jul 6, 10:00 am–2:00 pm