Fridley Council Meets Monday
Read the Fridley Council agenda, including a request for proposals on garbage and recycling.
The Fridley City Council will start a search for a company to provide trash and recycling pickups if it approves a request-for-proposals (RFP) at its meeting Monday night.
The city's current contract with Allied Waste Services expires on March 31, 2012. The RFP allows for Allied and other companies to compete for residential service.
The meeting starts at 7:30 p.m. at the council chambers at Fridley City Hall. It also includes a public meeting on the 2012 City of Fridley budget.
Other items on the agenda (see short version here or full agenda above) are:
- Second reading (final vote) on repealing the city's tree-preservation ordinance.
- Special-use Permit for digital sign at Freedom Service Station, 7600 University Ave. NE.
- One-year extension for special-use permit and variance for Columbia Arena.
- Changes to how the city would fill mayoral or city council vacancies.
- Replatting of property lines at 100 and 110 Mississippi Pl. NE.
- Approval of minutes from the city council meetings on Nov. 7 and 14.
- Open forum, claims, licenses, estimates and informal status reports.