Who Pushed the Bicyclist? Fridley Police Blotter
It happened just after midnight on a Sunday morning.
A bicyclist reported being pushed by an unknown male at 73rd and University avenues NE on Sunday, Sept. 30, 2012 at 12:46 p.m. The bicyclist didn't fall and wasn't injured but asked police to check the area for roughly seven suspects. Officers checked the area and did not locate anyone.
Here are other items selected from the Fridley Police Department's weekly incident report.
Saturday, Sept. 29, 2012
- 11:17 a.m.: A woman in the 5800 block of 2-1/2 Street NE called police because her three children were locked into their vehicle in the driveway. An officer was able to talk one of the children into getting out a car seat and unlocking the door from the inside.
- 1:07 p.m.: Police took a report of a teenage boy hitting tennis balls across the street and striking a home in the 200 block of 67th Avenue NE.
- 2:36 p.m.: An officer responded to a personal-injury crash at Fireside Drive and Central Avenue NE but upon recognizing an involved party as a retired Fridley police officer, the officer asked the Spring Lake Park Police Departments to respond. The Fridley officer assisted in gathering information.
- 3:22 p.m.: A resident of the Black Forest Condominiums reported that someone intentionally cut the soft tonneau cover on his vehicle while it was parked inside the building's basement garage. There is video of possible suspects.
- 4:42 p.m.: An employee at the Amstar gas station reported that as he tried to get the license plate of a vehicle that was leaving without payment, the vehicle bumped him. No injuries, and police were unable to locate the vehicle.
- 8:53 p.m.: BNSF security staff detained a male for trespassing at its train yard, 80 44th Ave. NE. Police cited and transported him to jail, due to his having no permanent address and no form of identification.
Sunday, Sept. 30, 2012
- 9:37 a.m.: Police took a male to a hospital for mental health evaluation after he was blessing everyone driving by and attempting to run into traffic at 69th and University avenues NE.