Twin Cities Fire Wire Details Fridley Response to Monday House Fire
Firefighters got hoses ready but a 2-1/2-gallon water extinguisher took care of the grease cooking fire.
Twin Cities Fire Wire was on the scene for a house fire in Fridley on Monday that sounded worse than it turned out to be. Photos and description tell how crews prepared for a fight but ended up putting out the kitchen cooking fire with a fire extinguisher.
Everyone got out of the two-story home in the 6300 block of Benjamin Street NE, although one person who tried to put out a grease fire with water was taken to the hospital with burns, Fridley Fire Chief John Berg told Patch. No firefighters were hurt. Damage to the house was minimal.
- Twin Cities Fire Wire: Fridley Crews Called To Dwelling Fire
- Fridley Patch: Grease Fire Sends Crews to House on Benjamin Street in Fridley