One of the more visible remaining signs of damage from the May 22 tornado in Fridley is no more.
Minnesota Department of Transportation workers finished repairs to the freeway noise wall along service road just north of I-694 and west of Seventh Street NE on Nov. 29, according to MnDOT spokesman R. Kent Barnard.
A section of the wall was destroyed as the tornado hopped across the freeway .
Here is what the State of Minnesota paid to fix the wall:
- Three 32-foot laminated and treated posts: $1,440
- 154 two-by-eight tongue-and-groove treated lumber: $3,080
- 40 gallons wood stain to be applied by Golden Valley Traffic Services: $600
- Miscellaneous materials: $100
- Estimated labor for clean-up and erection: $6,504
MnDOT Metro District’s Spring Lake Park bridge crew did the work. A different crew, from MnDOT Metro District's Golden Valley Traffic Services department, will apply the final paint/stain finish when weather allows.