Top Five Ways to Get Busted For Committing A Crime
A look at some of those who didn't get away.
With loads of crime drama's on TV, some criminals may be good at covering their tracks these days. But not all of them.
Here are Patch's picks for the top five ways to get busted for committing a crime. The following are from articles appearing on Patch sites in the west metro during 2012.
1) Leaving your cell phone (and fingerprint) at the scene of the crime.
- Read the full story: Burglar Busted After Leaving His Cell Phone on Victim's Sofa
2) Leaving behind your DNA.
- Read the full story: Man Confesses to Hopkins, Edina Burglaries After DNA Test
3) Committing a crime while in the presence of police.
- Read the full story: Man Charged With Robbing Man at Light-Rail Station
4) Possessing a distinctive stolen good.
- Read the full story: Distinctive Screwdriver Gave Him Away, Charges Say
5) Showing off on social media.
- Read the full story: Man Charged After Threatening Police Officer With Tattoo
What's the most interesting, weirdest or plain hilarious crime you've ever read about? Tell us in the comments section below.