Ridership Rises at Fridley Station for Northstar Commuter Rail
There were almost 3,000 morning boardings in Fridley during the first two months of the year—an increase of 6 percent over the same period in 2012.
It's been a good year so far for Northstar Commuter Rail.
Total ridership for January and February 2013 was 108,552—an increase of 14.84 percent over the same two months in 2012, according to Metro Transit.
At Fridley Station, the rise was less dramatic but still an increase. In 2012, Fridley saw 2,818 riders board trains in the morning. In February–March 2013, the tally was 2,996, for an increase of 6.32 percent.
- Letter to the Editor: I Like the Northstar Commuter Rail and My 'Train Friends'
- Fridley Station Saw 104 Northstar Riders on Average Weekday in October
- Northstar Rail: On Track, or Derailed?
- 'Stop Making Excuses' for Northstar Commuter Rail
- Will Northstar Ticket-price Reduction Raise Ridership?
- Met Council Mulls 25-cent Fare Cut at Fridley Northstar Station