Okee Dokee Brothers: From Northtown Library to Grammy Fame
The childrens music duo played the Northtown Branch Library last summer. Sunday they won a Grammy.
The Twin Cities' own Okee Dokee Brothers went and won the Grammy Award for Best Children's Album Sunday, for their CD Can You Canoe? The YouTube above shows them playing a pre-Grammy show Saturday in Los Angeles.
- Okee Dokee Brothers: Really Brothers?
- Day 7 at the MN State Fair: Okee Dokee Brothers and Fridley Women of Today
- Okee Dokee Brothers upcoming shows and past shows
- Star Tribune article on the Okee Dokee Brothers
- Feb. 13, 2013, 10 a.m., Columbia Heights Library: Kao Kalia Yang, author of the award winning book "The Late Homecomer," will discuss her book and the experiences of her and her extended family's experiences as Hmong immigrants to Minnesota at the Columbia Heights Public Library.
- Feb. 23, 2013, 10:30 a.m., Mississippi Branch, Fridley: Bringing Local History to Life: Civil War Winter Camp. Battles did not occur every day in the Civil War, especially in the winter months when Southern rain and snow made dirt roads nearly impassable for marching armies. The life of a Civil War soldier has been described as long months of boredom punctuated by moments of sheer terror. Find out what soldiers did during the winter to keep themselves busy, warm, and ready for battle when the armies began to move in the spring.
- Feb. 25, 2013, 4:15 p.m., Northtown Library: Jedi Training Camp. The Jedi Training camp will feature numerous Star Wars themed activities and challenges for kids ages 6-12. Dress as you favorite Star Wars characters. Registration is not required, but space is limited. This program is part of our In the Dark series.