Fridley's 'Jane Doe' Faces Wisconsin Charges Too
Prosecutors say Tammy Thomas stole SUV and debit card to shop at Wal-Mart in Tomah, WI. She makes her first court appearance related to those charges Thursday in Anoka.
The defendant formerly known as Jane Doe—who for weeks wouldn't give her fingerprints or show a jail photographer her face—has a Wednesday court date related to crimes that prosecutors say she committed in Wisconsin before setting up housekeeping in a vacant Fridley residence.
It's the first court appearance for Tammy Anquinette Thomas on a charge in Anoka County of being a fugitive from justice in Monroe County, WI (see first PDF), where she faces five counts of motor-vehicle theft, identity theft and forgery (see second PDF, with alleged victim's name redacted).
The hearing was originally set for Tuesday but was put off a day for reasons that aren't clear.
Here, in reverse-chronological order, are Fridley Patch's posts on the case of Jane Doe/Tammy Thomas:
- Sept. 25: Court Date for Fridley's 'Jane Doe' Comes and Goes
- Sept. 14: Fridley House That 'Jane Doe' Occupied Has 'SOLD' Sign
- Sept. 7: 'She Simply Has Everyone Flummoxed': Ex-Ramsey Co. Attorney
- Sept. 7: Fridley's 'Jane Doe': 'I Have a Right to Remain Silent'
- Aug. 8: Fridley's 'Jane Doe' Declined to Cooperate With Psych Evaluation
- Aug. 2: Fridley's 'Jane Doe' Finally Poses for Anoka County Mugshot
- July 31: Booking Photos from Illinois that ID'd 'Jane Doe'
- July 30: New ID-theft Charges against Fridley's 'Jane Doe'
- July 30: 'Jane Doe' Breaks Anoka Jail Record for Holding-cell Stay
- July 28: Report: 'Jane Doe' at Anoka Co. Jail Is Tammy Antoinette Thomas
- July 16: Fridley Police Have Leads in 'Jane Doe' Case
- July 13: Pioneer Press: Holding Cell is Home for 'Jane Doe'
- July 13: PHOTO: Fridley's 'Jane Doe'
- July 13: StarTribune: 'Jane Doe' Is Eating, Talking to Her Attorney
- July 13: See the Route Police Think 'Jane Doe' Took from WI to Fridley
- July 12: Charges against Jane Doe: Trespassing, Receiving Stolen Property
- July 12: Jailed 'Jane Doe' Was on Multi-state Crime Spree, Police Say