Fridley Police Blotter: Snowbird Among Vehicles Towed After Big Storm
The snow-covered car was cited so plows could clear streets.
This is a selection of police activity from Dec. 9–15 as compiled by the City of Fridley Police Department.
- Towing to allow snowplows to clear streets on Dec. 11 included a car covered with snow in the 6900 block of Hickory Drive NE.
- A resident in the 900 block of Rice Creek Terrace NE got police permission on Dec. 9 to cover up a No Parking sign temporarily for her party guests.
- Police gave advice on Dec. 9 to a resident whose patio in the 1500 block of South Oberlin Circle NE has had suspicious footprints show up repeatedly.
- On Dec. 9 police impounded one stray cat from the 700 block of Medtronic Parkway and brought another cat and her kittens from the 7400 block of West Circle NE to the Brighton Vet Clinic.
- Someone drove off without paying for gas on Dec. 9 on Hackmann Avenue NE.
- K9 Kona and partner helped Columbia Heights police find drug paraphernalia, marijuana and needles for use with illegal narcotics at an apartment in the 4500 block of Tyler Street NE on Dec. 9.
- A small black dog reported running loose got away from a responding officer on Dec. 9 on the 8100 block of Riverview Terrace NE.
- A vehicle hit a deer in the 7000 block of Highway 65 on Dec. 9.
- The owner of a car playing loud music on Dec. 9 in a driveway in the 4500 block of Main Street NE said she understood police advice to turn it down.
- A driver called to report she left the scene after possibly hitting another vehicle in a parking lot in the 500 block of Osborne Road on Dec. 10 but police did not find an earlier incident report.
- A complainant reported the theft of a flooring power stripper from a job site in the 6100 block of Highway 65 about 16 months ago.
- Catalytic converters were reported stolen Dec. 10 from two vans in the 7700 block of East River Road.
- Police issued a car-kill deer permit on Dec. 10 to person who reported finding a deer with broken leg near Highway 65 and Rice Creek.
- A reported runaway juvenile arrived home from school while officer was responding to report on Symphony Street on Dec. 10.
- A female reported to have forgotten to hang up her phone on Dec. 10 in the 6000 block of Fifth Street NE was found to be fine.
- On Dec. 10, officer followed tracks of vandalism suspect from 6800 Jefferson Street NE to another residence, where suspect admitted breaking window but victim did not want to press charges.
- The driver of a westbound vehicle on Medtronic Parkway who nearly hit a squad car on Dec. 10 after running a stop sign at Seventh Street NE was cited.
- Officers could find no trace—not even footprints in the snow—of a female who called from the emergency phone at the Northstar Rail Station on Dec. 11.
- A resident of the 7300 block of Van Buren Street NE was advised to plow snow only into his own yard on Dec. 11.
- A reported road-rage suspect had already left when officers arrived Dec. 13 at the 200 block of 57th Avenue NE.
- A business in the 5800 block of East River Road found a bullet stuck in a two-pane window on Dec. 13.
- Charges are pending against a male driver suspected of passing a school bus that had its stop arm out and lights flashing on Dec. 14 at Third Street NE and 53rd Avenue.
- Marijuana and a weapon were found in a locker at Fridley High School on Dec. 15.