Fridley Mayor Scott Lund talked to Patch after the Erin Brockovich town hall meeting about the possibility of installing carbon filters to prevent the pollutant TCE from reaching drinking-water taps in Fridley homes.
Asked about the treatment of Fridley city government during the meeting, "I think that they were kind to us, I think that they were fair," he said of Brockovich and her environmental investigator Bob Bowcock.
Fridley officials, like their state-government counterparts, did not participate in the Brockovich meeting. City Council Member-at-large Bob Barnette was also in attendance, as were several other state and local officials and candidates for office (see interviews here).
- VIDEO: Erin Brockovich Speaks in Fridley
- STORY: Brockovich talks litigation, pollution, health problems
- VIDEO: Reaction to the Brockovich townhall meeting from attendees.
- PHOTOS: Erin Brockovich at Fridley High School
- VIDEO: Fridley Mayor on the Brockovich Cancer Investigation
Keep up with this issue by signing up for the Fridley Patch newsletter.
Express yourself: Leave a comment below or start a blog!