Corrections and Clarifications
A summary of corrections and clarifications at Fridley Patch.
We take transparency seriously. We are committed to accuracy, to acknowledging our mistakes and to fixing them as quickly as possible.
We will mark corrections with an asterisk (*) at the point in an article at which we have fixed an error, along with an editor's note explaining the correction in italics at the bottom of the story.
If you see a factual error, please let us know about it and we'll make sure we get it right.
We will keep a log here of our recent mistakes:
- Correction: A story from June 18, 2012, originally stated in error that a suspect was in jail in connection with what authorities are calling a hit-and-run incident in Coon Rapids. The man in jail is a suspect in a separate, unrelated incident.
- Correction: A story from Oct. 19, 2011, originally identified the wrong Fridley intersection as the one the Minnesota Department of Transportation listed as 18th most dangerous in the state. The incorrect original post said in the headline and lead paragraph that the intersection is Mississippi Street and Old Central Avenue. That was wrong. The corrected version now identifies the intersection as Mississippi Street and University Avenue.
- Correction: A story from July 30, 2011, "Fridley House Hit by Bedroom Fire, Smoke," originally gave an incorrect first name for Fridley Firefighter Walter Messer.
- Correction: A story from July 26, 2011, "Fridley Community Theatre opens 'Anything Goes' on Friday,'' originally gave an incorrect first name for Bruce Messer, Fridley High School choir director.
- Correction: A story from April 3, "Open House, Board Election Ushers in New Era for Park Plaza Co-op Manufactured-Home Community," originally listed the new board treasurer of the cooperative, Larry Reynolds, as having previously been interim at-large board member. That was inaccurate: he is new to the board.
- Correction: A story from Feb. 15, "A Hundred Hidden Treasures Await Geocachers in Fridley," originally had the wrong first name (Bill) for Don Rowan.
- Correction: A story from Feb. 16, "Co-op of Residents Buys Park Plaza Estates Manufactured-Home Park," originally named Resident Owned Communities (ROC) USA, LLC as a lender, but according to Kevin Walker at Northcountry Cooperative Foundation, it was ROC USA's lending arm, ROC USA Capital, that financed the project.
- Clairification: The same story quoted the seller of the property as saying Park Plaza Estates is the second manufactured-home park he has been involved with selling to a resident cooperative. After the story posted, we learned that that earlier park is Paul Revere Cooperative in Lexington, MN.
- Correction: A story from Feb. 16, "Totino-Grace Girls Hockey Beats St. Paul United to Reach Section 4A Final," originally credited Shannon McFarlane with Totino-Grace's second goal in accordance with the official announcement at the game. Officials later reassigned the goal to Caroline Ponessa, according to Totino-Grace head coach Tom Peart.
- Correction: A story from Jan. 10, "Zumba Your Way to Health," incorrectly stated which aspect of the Zumba class is 70 percent the choice of the instructor and 30 percent the students' choice. It is the musical selections—not the dance moves, as the story stated. We've changed the article and added a note to alert readers of the correction.