Grease Fire Sends Crews to House on Benjamin Street in Fridley
One person from the house went to the hospital with burns.
Update (3:24 p.m.): Fridley Fire Chief John Berg said the fire at a house in the 6000 block of Benjamin Street NE Tuesday started with a grease fire from cooking with oil.
Although smoke was showing at the house, according to scanner reports at the time, "the fire was out as soon as we got there," Berg said.
One person from the house was transported to the hospital with burns from trying to put out a grease fire with water, he said.
Update (2:12 p.m.): All mutual-aid crews from other fire departments have been cleared from the scene of a house fire on Benjamin Street NE in Fridley, according to scanner reports.
Update (1:50 p.m.): "Looks like everything is contained. Fire out."
That's the word on Anoka County Emergency Dispatch Radio from the scene of a house fire in the 6000 block of Benjamin Street NE in Fridley.
Another scanner report from the scene indicated it may have been a grease fire on the stove in the home.
Original post (1:48 p.m. Tuesday): A house in Fridley is on fire at about 1:45 p.m. on Tuesday.
The house is in the 6000 block of Benjamin Street, in the vicinity of Ferndale Drive, according to reports on emergency radio.
All inside are out.
Heavy smoke was showing from the two-story building, including from the front door.
A ladder truck was arriving at the scene at 1:47 p.m.
Look for updates here.