Updated June 26, 2012. To add an incident, click the Add button in the top right corner of the map and fill out the fields that pop up. Please include the type of cancer and year contracted in the Description box. When you're done, click Submit.
A group of people concerned about a higher incidence of cancer in Fridley has formed a group on Facebook. A state scientist confirmed that cancer rates in the city are 10 percent above average (later revised to 7.6 percent above average).
Editor's Note: This map contains anecdotal evidence only. Click here for state data. The datestamp on this post is its original publication date; the interactive map allows anyone to add a new pin at any time—right up to the current moment. For another look at areas of concentration of pins on this map, as of May 24, 2012, see "New 'Heat Map' of Reported Fridley Cancer Cases."
Keep up with this by signing up for the Fridley Patch newsletter.
Like Fridley Patch on Facebook (and help us pick a cover photo)!
Express yourself: Leave a comment below or start a blog!
Share related documents and links at this new clearinghouse post.
- Erin Brockovich to Investigate Fridley's Elevated Cancer Rates
- Cancer Rates in Fridley 10 Percent Above State Average
- An Epidemiologist Runs the Numbers on Fridley's Cancer Rates
- Media Attention Refuels Fridley Cancer Cluster Discussion Online
- Fridley Facebook Group Founder: I’m at Risk for Cancer
- Brockovich Team Seeks Link between Contamination Plumes, Fridley Cancer Cases
- MN Health Dept. to Release 1990s Fridley Cancer Data Soon
- Facebook Group Triples in Size as Fridley's Cancer Rates Gain Wider Attention
- Fridley Mayor: Stay Calm and Open-minded on Cancer Concerns
- DOCUMENTS/LINKS: Is There a Cancer Cluster in Fridley?
- UPDATED: Brockovich to Host Fridley Town Hall Cancer Meeting in May: Reports